The castle was owned by the Radziwills, who played a major role in the history of Niasvizh and the politics of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. This unique domed basilica with a Baroque facade was the first of its kind in the world and the first Baroque building in Eastern Europe.
The famous Mir castle complex was built by the Duke Yuri Ilyinich in the 16th century. Its architecture represents a harmonious mixture of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles that embodies the volatile history of the region, one located at the crossroads of different cultures.
A system of underground tunnels supposedly connects Mir with the beautiful Niasvizh castle located just 60 km from Mir. The legend goes that the noble Radziwill family hid their treasures in these tunnels.
Kosava castle is a ruined castellated palace in Gothic Revival style located in Kosava, Belarus.It was built in 1838 by Count Wandalin Puslowski close to the house where Andrzej Tadeusz Bonawentura Kościuszko was born. The architect of the castle was Franciszek Jaszczołd. The palace was reconstructed by Władysław Marconi in the late 19th century. After the collapse of the Polish January Uprising in 1863, ownership was transferred to the Trubetskoy family and other Russian aristocrats.
During World War I and World War II, the place was severely damaged. Currently, the castle is in the process of restoration.
The Grand Duke of the Great Lithuanian Principality Gedymin ordered in 1323 the foundations of a stone castle in Lida to strengthen the defense of his lands from the crusaders' assaults. In its plan, the walls of the Lida castle look like a trapezium. In the second half of the 14th century the castle walls repeatedly occured in the center of the fights between Yagaibo and Vitovt for the Grand Duke's throne.
The Lida Castle was destroyed in 1659 but now it was restored and it is available to visit.
The castle of Ruzhany was built in 1602 and belonged to the family of Sapiehas. The Sapieha residence was destroyed when it was attacked by Michał Serwacy Wiśniowiecki's forces in 1700. Ruzhany Palace was rebuilt as a grand Neoclassical residence in the 1770s by Aleksander Michał Sapieha.
In 1914 the palace was accidentally set on fire by factory workers. The First World War and subsequent financial hardships prevented the building's restoration until 1930, however the partially restored palace became a ruin again within fifteen years during WWII. The ornate palace gate survives and has recently been restored.