This website ("Website") is the property of and is under the management of
Via della Piazzuola, 45 - 50133 Firenze (Italy)
C.F./VAT Reg. No.: IT06418960487
Share Capital: 70.000 Euros (fully paid up)
(hereafter "Company" or "Papermine").
We at Papermine run a web service where you can create and share booklets right from your web browser. We would love for you to use our service. We offer it free to you (there are paid upgrades, too) and we try our best to make it possible for you pursue your creative expression in the way you see fit. Because this is the Internet, you are responsible for what you publish. Continue reading to understand what is prohibited and our payment policy.
Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service apply when you view or use the Service. Please review the following terms carefully. By accessing or using the Service, you signify your agreement to these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you may not access or use the Service.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Papermine, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your Papermine Account, Booklets and Site. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and your booklets, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the booklets. You must not describe or assign keywords to your booklet in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Papermine may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Papermine liability. You must immediately notify Papermine of any unauthorized uses of your booklets, your account or any other breaches of security. Papermine will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account with booklets, comment on a booklet, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, a video file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your booklets are not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your booklets are not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your booklet URLs or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Papermine or otherwise.
Content and Ownership. By submitting Content to Papermine, you grant Papermine a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your booklets. In addition:
- By setting your booklets to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view and fork (make a copy) of your booklets.
- If you delete Content, Papermine will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
- Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Papermine has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Papermine’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Papermine’s reasonable opinion, violates any Papermine policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Papermine’s sole discretion. Papermine will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
- By selecting a Premium (Pro and Enterprise) account you agree to pay Papermine the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a Premium account and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
- Unless you notify Papermine before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a Premium account, your Premium subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Premium accounts can be canceled at any time in the Account section of the website.
- To cancel your subscription, log into your account and select delete my account. A pre-filled email will pop up. You need to send it to support[at]papermine[dot]com in order to finalize your request. Our system will automatically process your unsubscription. For security reasons, this is the only procedure allowed to cancel your subscription or delete your account. No other mean of communication will be considered legally binding.
- There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade or downgrade refunds, or refunds for months with an open account that are unused.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Papermine has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Papermine does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Papermine disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Papermine links, and that link to Papermine. Papermine does not have any control over those non-Papermine websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Papermine website or webpage, Papermine does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Papermine disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Papermine websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Papermine asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Papermine violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Papermine via the contact link available on the Website. Papermine will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Papermine will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Papermine or others. In the case of such termination, Papermine will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Papermine.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Papermine to you any Papermine or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Papermine. Trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Papermine or third-party trademarks.
- Attribution. Papermine reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Created with Papermine,’ in your booklet footer when it is embedded. Footer credits may not be removed regardless of Premium accounts purchased.
- Changes. Papermine reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Papermine may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Papermine may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Papermine account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Papermine and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Papermine nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Papermine, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Papermine under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Papermine shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Papermine, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Governing law and Place of Jurisdiction. These Terms and all commercial transactions relating to this Website are subject to Italian law and all disputes shall be under the jurisdiction of the Italian courts, and solely at the Court of Florence, Italy.
Papermine can be reached at email@example.com.